Staples Food Pantry
- Open each Thursday from 8:30 to 9:30 am
- Clients may receive food once a month
- Located in the rear lower level of Trinity Episcopal Church (off Renfro Street)
- If you visit the Staples Food Pantry, please drive up at the back of the church and food will be brought to your car.
- Contact the church office for more information at 336-786-6067.
The Trinity Church Staples Program has been a welcoming place for the hungry for over forty years. During 2019 we were able to help over 1, 700 people in 900 households. The Food Pantry is open every Thursday morning from 8:30 to 9:30 am in the rear lower level of Trinity Church. Clients are able to visit the food pantry once a month.
We are in partnership with TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) through the Second Harvest Food Bank in Winston Salem, NC. Through them we receive a large percentage of the food the is distributed to our clients. Last year over 31,000 pounds of food was received through this program.
In addition, Trinity Church purchased approximately $2,500 worth of turkeys, hams, and all the trimmings for our annual Thanksgiving meal giveaway.
In 2019 we also received over 9,000 pounds of food through private donations. This included the Scouting for Food program sponsored annually by the Boy Scouts of America food drive, weekly bakery donations from our local Lowes Food and Food Lion Stores, food drives sponsored by local companies, and private individual donations.
A busy group of volunteers, who serve over 100 hours per month, makes sure that the families we serve get food each week. This includes:
- Picking up food donations from local grocery stores
- Working at the check-in desk
- Packing grocery bags to be delivered
- Helping clients to their cars with the groceries
- Cleaning up the area
- Traveling to Second Harvest Food Bank in Winston to pick up between 3,000 and 4,000 pounds of food each month for storage and delivery at our church.